Kids have a stab at fencing
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN at Newton Poppleford Primary School had a stab at fencing when they enjoyed an activities week with a difference.
The school staged an ‘all sorts of sports’ week where youngsters got the chance to take part in forms of exercise they normally would not.
Boxercise, karate and gymnastics and even pole vaulting were all on the cards.
Youngsters were surprised to learn their headteacher Stuart Vaughan is a qualified fencing coach and he duly put on a pair of sessions.
“It added to the entertainment that they were allowed to stab me!,” joked Mr Vaughan.
You may also want to watch:
The school was lent kit by Bicton College for the activity and now hopes to set up a fencing club.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride