Kids have a stab at fencing
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN at Newton Poppleford Primary School had a stab at fencing when they enjoyed an activities week with a difference.
The school staged an ‘all sorts of sports’ week where youngsters got the chance to take part in forms of exercise they normally would not.
Boxercise, karate and gymnastics and even pole vaulting were all on the cards.
Youngsters were surprised to learn their headteacher Stuart Vaughan is a qualified fencing coach and he duly put on a pair of sessions.
“It added to the entertainment that they were allowed to stab me!,” joked Mr Vaughan.
You may also want to watch:
The school was lent kit by Bicton College for the activity and now hopes to set up a fencing club.
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month