Kids have a stab at fencing
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN at Newton Poppleford Primary School had a stab at fencing when they enjoyed an activities week with a difference.
The school staged an ‘all sorts of sports’ week where youngsters got the chance to take part in forms of exercise they normally would not.
Boxercise, karate and gymnastics and even pole vaulting were all on the cards.
Youngsters were surprised to learn their headteacher Stuart Vaughan is a qualified fencing coach and he duly put on a pair of sessions.
“It added to the entertainment that they were allowed to stab me!,” joked Mr Vaughan.
You may also want to watch:
The school was lent kit by Bicton College for the activity and now hopes to set up a fencing club.
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes