Kids help decorate Ottery Sainsbury’s site
ARTY youngsters from Ottery Primary School have seen their work used to decorate the site of Hind Street’s under-construction Sainsbury’s store.
Contractor Kier organised a screen printing workshop with children and arranged for the results to be displayed.
Site Manager Andy Shepherd said: “They’ve done a brilliant job and I’m sure everyone would agree it has made our hoarding far more colourful and interesting to look at.”
Ottery Primary School art co-ordinator Verity Anthony added pupils decided to focus on town traditions like Pixie Day and Tar Barrels.
They also painted pictures of important Ottery landmarks like the parish church.
You may also want to watch:
“They were very proud and thoroughly enjoyed it,” she said.
The store is due to open before Christmas and Sainsbury’s has vowed to continue to play an active role in the community.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses