Monkey Music hit at Sidford playgroup
FORMER West End star Daniele Coombe has returned to Devon – to teach music to little monkeys.
After spending 20 years treading the boards in London, most recently starring alongside Jason Donavan in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Daniele is now running an East Devon branch of Monkey Music, which provides music workshops for parents and pre-school children.
Her visit to Sidford Playgroup last week proved popular with the little ones and on Monday she held a workshop at Sidmouth Children’s Centre at Stowford Rise.
Daniele, from Newton Poppleford, said: “I always knew I wanted to return home to bring up my children. Much as I’ve loved every minute on stage in the West End, my heart’s in the South West!
You may also want to watch:
“So in London, alongside my stage work, I trained as a Monkey Music teacher, ending up teaching hundreds of children their wonderful curriculum – including Tony Blair’s son, Leo.”
Daniele has appeared in Acorn Antiques with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters, Oliver with Robert Lindsay and with Dennis Waterman in My Fair Lady as well as other top shows.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
* Sidford Playgroup will hold an open day from 10am to 11.30am on Wednesday, November 30, for parents to see what is on offer there.