Monkey Music hit at Sidford playgroup
FORMER West End star Daniele Coombe has returned to Devon – to teach music to little monkeys.
After spending 20 years treading the boards in London, most recently starring alongside Jason Donavan in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Daniele is now running an East Devon branch of Monkey Music, which provides music workshops for parents and pre-school children.
Her visit to Sidford Playgroup last week proved popular with the little ones and on Monday she held a workshop at Sidmouth Children’s Centre at Stowford Rise.
Daniele, from Newton Poppleford, said: “I always knew I wanted to return home to bring up my children. Much as I’ve loved every minute on stage in the West End, my heart’s in the South West!
You may also want to watch:
“So in London, alongside my stage work, I trained as a Monkey Music teacher, ending up teaching hundreds of children their wonderful curriculum – including Tony Blair’s son, Leo.”
Daniele has appeared in Acorn Antiques with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters, Oliver with Robert Lindsay and with Dennis Waterman in My Fair Lady as well as other top shows.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
* Sidford Playgroup will hold an open day from 10am to 11.30am on Wednesday, November 30, for parents to see what is on offer there.