Monkey Music hit at Sidford playgroup
FORMER West End star Daniele Coombe has returned to Devon – to teach music to little monkeys.
After spending 20 years treading the boards in London, most recently starring alongside Jason Donavan in Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Daniele is now running an East Devon branch of Monkey Music, which provides music workshops for parents and pre-school children.
Her visit to Sidford Playgroup last week proved popular with the little ones and on Monday she held a workshop at Sidmouth Children’s Centre at Stowford Rise.
Daniele, from Newton Poppleford, said: “I always knew I wanted to return home to bring up my children. Much as I’ve loved every minute on stage in the West End, my heart’s in the South West!
You may also want to watch:
“So in London, alongside my stage work, I trained as a Monkey Music teacher, ending up teaching hundreds of children their wonderful curriculum – including Tony Blair’s son, Leo.”
Daniele has appeared in Acorn Antiques with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters, Oliver with Robert Lindsay and with Dennis Waterman in My Fair Lady as well as other top shows.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 6 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
* Sidford Playgroup will hold an open day from 10am to 11.30am on Wednesday, November 30, for parents to see what is on offer there.