New laptops at Sidmouth school
- Credit: Archant
St John’s School has invested in the future of computing and taken teaching into the cloud.
The pupils now have 18 Chromebooks, laptops that use Google’s new online operating system.
The new pieces of kit do not allow software to install, so it is impossible to get a virus.
Headmaster Simon Larter said: “I am very keen that we develop this style of computing in the future.
“I am delighted that we are able to achieve this a little earlier than I was planning.
You may also want to watch:
“Many parents have been most impressed with our cutting edge approach.”
He added that the school is also planning to roll out the plan to the brand new sixth form that starts in September 2013.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Computing in the cloud means that the students can have the same experience at home as at school.