New vice principal at Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
The new vice principal at Sidmouth College has introduced himself as a worldly, adventurous and well-qualified teacher.
Martyn Dudley is the last piece of the senior membership team, and began this term.
His appointment follows a six-month trip of exploration through South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji after leaving the Taunton Academy.
“This was a fantastic trip, exploring the varied cultures along the journey and, naturally, embarking on a number of great experiences,” said the PE teacher.
“Opportunities like this remind me how fortunate we are living in such a developed country, our connections to the rest of the world and how we can all learn to make a difference in our own way.”
You may also want to watch:
Martyn has been teaching for 14 years in a variety of schools in Gloucestershire and Somerset.
“I am highly driven, with high expectations of both others and myself, and will be working in partnership with others to ensure student achievement and progress is of the highest standard,” he said.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
“It is my aim to provide all young people with a range of exciting opportunities and experiences, in and out of the classroom, that can help prepare them for later life.”
He enjoys a wide range of sports, but with a particular focus on outdoor pursuits, distance running and cricket.