New vice principal at Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
The new vice principal at Sidmouth College has introduced himself as a worldly, adventurous and well-qualified teacher.
Martyn Dudley is the last piece of the senior membership team, and began this term.
His appointment follows a six-month trip of exploration through South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji after leaving the Taunton Academy.
“This was a fantastic trip, exploring the varied cultures along the journey and, naturally, embarking on a number of great experiences,” said the PE teacher.
“Opportunities like this remind me how fortunate we are living in such a developed country, our connections to the rest of the world and how we can all learn to make a difference in our own way.”
You may also want to watch:
Martyn has been teaching for 14 years in a variety of schools in Gloucestershire and Somerset.
“I am highly driven, with high expectations of both others and myself, and will be working in partnership with others to ensure student achievement and progress is of the highest standard,” he said.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
“It is my aim to provide all young people with a range of exciting opportunities and experiences, in and out of the classroom, that can help prepare them for later life.”
He enjoys a wide range of sports, but with a particular focus on outdoor pursuits, distance running and cricket.