New vice principal at Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
The new vice principal at Sidmouth College has introduced himself as a worldly, adventurous and well-qualified teacher.
Martyn Dudley is the last piece of the senior membership team, and began this term.
His appointment follows a six-month trip of exploration through South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji after leaving the Taunton Academy.
“This was a fantastic trip, exploring the varied cultures along the journey and, naturally, embarking on a number of great experiences,” said the PE teacher.
“Opportunities like this remind me how fortunate we are living in such a developed country, our connections to the rest of the world and how we can all learn to make a difference in our own way.”
You may also want to watch:
Martyn has been teaching for 14 years in a variety of schools in Gloucestershire and Somerset.
“I am highly driven, with high expectations of both others and myself, and will be working in partnership with others to ensure student achievement and progress is of the highest standard,” he said.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
“It is my aim to provide all young people with a range of exciting opportunities and experiences, in and out of the classroom, that can help prepare them for later life.”
He enjoys a wide range of sports, but with a particular focus on outdoor pursuits, distance running and cricket.