Newton Pop kids’ ‘best-ever’ challenge results
STUDENTS from Newton Poppleford Primary School celebrated their ‘best ever’ results in the gruelling Exmoor Challenge.
Two teams from the school ranked 47th and 57th after navigating their way to the finish of the 16 mile trek in tricky conditions.
A total of 139 teams took part. It was the third year the school had entered the challenge.
“This years conditions particularly testing, but the two teams were undaunted and set off, with broad smiles and the determination to get round,” said headteacher Stuart Vaughan.
“They were the best results achieved by the school.”
You may also want to watch:
In the primary school category, youngsters ranked 6th and 12th.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families