Newton Pop kids’ ‘best-ever’ challenge results
STUDENTS from Newton Poppleford Primary School celebrated their ‘best ever’ results in the gruelling Exmoor Challenge.
Two teams from the school ranked 47th and 57th after navigating their way to the finish of the 16 mile trek in tricky conditions.
A total of 139 teams took part. It was the third year the school had entered the challenge.
“This years conditions particularly testing, but the two teams were undaunted and set off, with broad smiles and the determination to get round,” said headteacher Stuart Vaughan.
“They were the best results achieved by the school.”
You may also want to watch:
In the primary school category, youngsters ranked 6th and 12th.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit