Newton Pop kids told to stay out of classrooms
‘No entry’ before 9am rule introduced will boost teachers
CHILDREN at Newton Poppleford Primary School have been told to stay out of classrooms before 9am.
From this term, pupils in Years Two to Six will be allowed to hang up coats in the cloakroom and put bags and lunch boxes away – but then must go straight into the playground and “not disturb” teachers.
The same rules apply to children in Year One after half term in October.
Headteacher Stuart Vaughan said the move came following talks among staff.
You may also want to watch:
He told parents in a letter: “This will ensure teachers can make maximum use of their time in preparing for the start of the day and being ready to teach your children.”
Reception children can be taken to class by parents or carers at 8.50am.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home