Newton Pop kids told to stay out of classrooms
‘No entry’ before 9am rule introduced will boost teachers
CHILDREN at Newton Poppleford Primary School have been told to stay out of classrooms before 9am.
From this term, pupils in Years Two to Six will be allowed to hang up coats in the cloakroom and put bags and lunch boxes away – but then must go straight into the playground and “not disturb” teachers.
The same rules apply to children in Year One after half term in October.
Headteacher Stuart Vaughan said the move came following talks among staff.
You may also want to watch:
He told parents in a letter: “This will ensure teachers can make maximum use of their time in preparing for the start of the day and being ready to teach your children.”
Reception children can be taken to class by parents or carers at 8.50am.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live