Newton Pop pupils win giant box of balls
Giant box of sports balls won by Newton Poppleford Primary in Highland Spring contest
A GIANT box of sports balls of different shapes and sizes, were delivered to Newton Poppleford Primary School at the end of term and they were all FREE.
The school won part of a promotional competition by Highland Spring, a leading bottled water producer, called New Balls for Britain.
Year Four teacher, Carmen Winterburn, said: “The children really appreciate the wonderful addition to the PE resources and are looking forward to enjoying the fun and games they will be able to participate in using the new equipment.
“It’s a fantastic way for the children to start their summer holidays as it puts them in the mood to keep active and enjoy a summer of fun outdoors.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is one of the first winners in the contest to win tennis, football, rugby, cricket and golf balls.
Community groups entering should log on to http://www.newballsforbritain.com/index.php/home/schools/.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98