Ofsted praises Sidmouth College
Sidmouth College is good and improving school say Ofsted inspectors
AN across the board ‘good’ grade has been given to Sidmouth College by Ofsted inspectors this week.
Less than four years ago, the school was rated ‘inadequate’ in its overall effectiveness by the inspectors.
Now, principal Jeremy Roberts, who will leave his post in August, has praised his colleagues for working hard to turn the school around and make it, in the words of the inspectors: “A good an improving school.”
Their report, published today, Friday, states: “Behaviour is good, attitudes to learning are positive and pupils exhibit confidence and respect for others.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration among staff and a commitment to improving achievement for all.”
No wonder Mr Roberts and his students are jumping for joy.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police