Ofsted praises Sidmouth College
Sidmouth College is good and improving school say Ofsted inspectors
AN across the board ‘good’ grade has been given to Sidmouth College by Ofsted inspectors this week.
Less than four years ago, the school was rated ‘inadequate’ in its overall effectiveness by the inspectors.
Now, principal Jeremy Roberts, who will leave his post in August, has praised his colleagues for working hard to turn the school around and make it, in the words of the inspectors: “A good an improving school.”
Their report, published today, Friday, states: “Behaviour is good, attitudes to learning are positive and pupils exhibit confidence and respect for others.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration among staff and a commitment to improving achievement for all.”
No wonder Mr Roberts and his students are jumping for joy.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts