Outstanding result for Branscombe Pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Ofsted has give staff at Branscombe Pre-school top marks for their “innovative and exciting programme” after their latest inspection.
The pre-school received an outstanding rating in all categories when the government body visited in May.
In the report, staff were praised for their dedication and enthusiasm in helping the children prepare for their move to primary school.
Inspector Sharon Peel said: “Staff work very closely with parents, school staff and other professionals to ensure all children’s needs are effectively met.
“They ensure that all children make excellent progress and have a happy and highly enjoyable pre-school experience.”
The school received a good rating in its last inspection in December 2008.
Team leader Karen Williams said: “I am delighted that we have been graded as outstanding across all areas and proud that our hard work and dedication has been recognised.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
“One of the things they said is how much we work together with the school that they are going up to and that the transitioning is going to be easier for them.”
“I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has made this possible, especially my team who help to make the pre-school such a wonderful place to work.”
The report also highlighted the school’s beach and forest school for its creative way of teaching the children using the local environment.