Outstanding result for Branscombe Pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Ofsted has give staff at Branscombe Pre-school top marks for their “innovative and exciting programme” after their latest inspection.
The pre-school received an outstanding rating in all categories when the government body visited in May.
In the report, staff were praised for their dedication and enthusiasm in helping the children prepare for their move to primary school.
Inspector Sharon Peel said: “Staff work very closely with parents, school staff and other professionals to ensure all children’s needs are effectively met.
“They ensure that all children make excellent progress and have a happy and highly enjoyable pre-school experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The school received a good rating in its last inspection in December 2008.
Team leader Karen Williams said: “I am delighted that we have been graded as outstanding across all areas and proud that our hard work and dedication has been recognised.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
“One of the things they said is how much we work together with the school that they are going up to and that the transitioning is going to be easier for them.”
“I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has made this possible, especially my team who help to make the pre-school such a wonderful place to work.”
The report also highlighted the school’s beach and forest school for its creative way of teaching the children using the local environment.