Outstanding result for Branscombe Pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Ofsted has give staff at Branscombe Pre-school top marks for their “innovative and exciting programme” after their latest inspection.
The pre-school received an outstanding rating in all categories when the government body visited in May.
In the report, staff were praised for their dedication and enthusiasm in helping the children prepare for their move to primary school.
Inspector Sharon Peel said: “Staff work very closely with parents, school staff and other professionals to ensure all children’s needs are effectively met.
“They ensure that all children make excellent progress and have a happy and highly enjoyable pre-school experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The school received a good rating in its last inspection in December 2008.
Team leader Karen Williams said: “I am delighted that we have been graded as outstanding across all areas and proud that our hard work and dedication has been recognised.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 9 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 10 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
“One of the things they said is how much we work together with the school that they are going up to and that the transitioning is going to be easier for them.”
“I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has made this possible, especially my team who help to make the pre-school such a wonderful place to work.”
The report also highlighted the school’s beach and forest school for its creative way of teaching the children using the local environment.