Pupils learn politics at Parliament with Hugo
Students from The King’s visited Downing Street and the Houses of Parliament on a politics visit arranged through a local MP.
As well as a tour around Westminster, the 23 pupils were taken into the crypt by Hugo Swire, who also fielded a question and answer session.
The Ottery school has been taking pupils to London for several years through the MP’s office as part the politics A Level course.
Rebecca Jacobs, a politics teacher at The King’s, said: “We all had a fantastic day, and the visit has certainly broadened students’ understanding of the importance and role of the political centre of Westminster.
“None of the students had been to parliament or Downing Street before and it was certainly a bonus to be showed round by Hugo Swire.”
She said the 23 politics students were taken on a walking tour of Downing Street, posing for a photo outside the famous No 10, before being taken around Parliament.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 3 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 4 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang