Pupils take on chefs in pudding challenge
A culinary battle will take place between Otter Nurseries and The King’s School to decide who makes the best puddings.
Year 11 catering students from the Ottery academy will take on the chefs at the award-winning caf� in a ‘cook off’ next week.
Helen Hawkins, technology teacher at The King’s, said: “The teams will compete against each other to produce a selection of desserts that will be tasted by the audience.
“The audience will then vote for a winner.”
Each challenger will also demonstrate how to make each dish at the competition on Wednesday, October 24, from 6pm to 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the school reception or Otter nurseries, priced at �5 per person, and all proceeds will be donated to Hospiscare, Devon Freewheelers and The Baton.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary