Pupils take on chefs in pudding challenge
A culinary battle will take place between Otter Nurseries and The King’s School to decide who makes the best puddings.
Year 11 catering students from the Ottery academy will take on the chefs at the award-winning caf� in a ‘cook off’ next week.
Helen Hawkins, technology teacher at The King’s, said: “The teams will compete against each other to produce a selection of desserts that will be tasted by the audience.
“The audience will then vote for a winner.”
Each challenger will also demonstrate how to make each dish at the competition on Wednesday, October 24, from 6pm to 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the school reception or Otter nurseries, priced at �5 per person, and all proceeds will be donated to Hospiscare, Devon Freewheelers and The Baton.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open