Pupils take on chefs in pudding challenge
A culinary battle will take place between Otter Nurseries and The King’s School to decide who makes the best puddings.
Year 11 catering students from the Ottery academy will take on the chefs at the award-winning caf� in a ‘cook off’ next week.
Helen Hawkins, technology teacher at The King’s, said: “The teams will compete against each other to produce a selection of desserts that will be tasted by the audience.
“The audience will then vote for a winner.”
Each challenger will also demonstrate how to make each dish at the competition on Wednesday, October 24, from 6pm to 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from the school reception or Otter nurseries, priced at �5 per person, and all proceeds will be donated to Hospiscare, Devon Freewheelers and The Baton.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses