Refurbished Sidmouth Library is a hit!
- Credit: Archant
Pleasing results are recorded after revamp.
NEARLY 16,000 visits have been made to the refurbished Sidmouth Library since it reopened in October – and 130 people have become new members.
Devon County Council (DCC) revealed the news as regular Jane Mills (pictured) won £20 worth of book tokens.
She was chosen at random by staff after providing feedback on the revamp of the Blackmore Drive hub.
“Feedback from visitors, young and old, has been overwhelmingly positive,” said library supervisor Carol Pentacost.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted by how much library users like it.”
In another recent competition for children at Sidmouth Library, Maisie McCullough and Sophie Hoare were joint winners after identifying literary characters from their silhouettes.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
And Andrew Hooper won an adult’s competition, asking people to match locations to book titles, and pairing quotes to the correct book title.