Scouts take on 4-day challenge at Bicton
Explorers and Scouts from Ottery joined a group of 800 from across Devon for an activity adventure break to Bicton College.
The annual event, known as ‘Run 2 the Fun’, started in Torbay in 2009 and is for the older members of the scouting fraternity, and sees the boys, along with their leaders, spend four days taking on a range of challenges.
John Green, Explorer Leader, said: “We took a group of 35 young people from Ottery who were occupied from the moment they arrived. Everything from dragon boat racing, kayaking and raft building on the lake to a multitude of inflatable challenges.”
The boys took on an assault course, a bucking bronco, went surfing, raced bumper and traversed a Crystal Maze amongst other activities.
One Ottery Explorer, Sam, aged 14, added: “The best thing about the camp was we could stay up to 1am as there were plenty of things to do. And it was great to meet new people and make friends.”
You may also want to watch:
On the final day there was a bush tucker trial, pictured, where the young people and leaders were chosen at random to come on stage and endure a challenge, which involved eating live bugs and insects.
And this isn’t the last of the adventures for the Ottery Explorers and Scouts, many of whom are off for a nine day adventure in Holland at the end of July.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
The holiday is expected to be the highlight of the year for the boys involved. To get involved in Scouting in Ottery contact John Green on 01404 812836 or email email@example.com.