Secondary applications open tomorrow
Devon opens secondary school place applications online on September 1
APPLICATIONS open tomorrow (Thursday, September 1) for families across Devon to apply for a secondary school place for September 2012.
Parents of children starting in Year Six of primary school this month, have until October 31 to apply for a place for next year.
They are being invited to express up to three preferences of school.
This year 98 percent of parents were offered a place at one of their preferred schools with 94 per cent offered a place at their first preferred.
You may also want to watch:
In last year’s applications, more than 95 per cent of families applied online and received email notification of their offered school by 8.30am on March 1.
Devon County Council’s cabinet member for schools and learning, Christine Channon, said: “The number of families applying online has been steadily rising year on year and the online system is even more streamlined this year.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
“We also have call centre staff to help if there are any problems on (0845) 155 1019.”
Families will be able to appy online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline from September 1.