Secondary applications open tomorrow
Devon opens secondary school place applications online on September 1
APPLICATIONS open tomorrow (Thursday, September 1) for families across Devon to apply for a secondary school place for September 2012.
Parents of children starting in Year Six of primary school this month, have until October 31 to apply for a place for next year.
They are being invited to express up to three preferences of school.
This year 98 percent of parents were offered a place at one of their preferred schools with 94 per cent offered a place at their first preferred.
You may also want to watch:
In last year’s applications, more than 95 per cent of families applied online and received email notification of their offered school by 8.30am on March 1.
Devon County Council’s cabinet member for schools and learning, Christine Channon, said: “The number of families applying online has been steadily rising year on year and the online system is even more streamlined this year.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
“We also have call centre staff to help if there are any problems on (0845) 155 1019.”
Families will be able to appy online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline from September 1.