Secondary applications open tomorrow
Devon opens secondary school place applications online on September 1
APPLICATIONS open tomorrow (Thursday, September 1) for families across Devon to apply for a secondary school place for September 2012.
Parents of children starting in Year Six of primary school this month, have until October 31 to apply for a place for next year.
They are being invited to express up to three preferences of school.
This year 98 percent of parents were offered a place at one of their preferred schools with 94 per cent offered a place at their first preferred.
In last year’s applications, more than 95 per cent of families applied online and received email notification of their offered school by 8.30am on March 1.
Devon County Council’s cabinet member for schools and learning, Christine Channon, said: “The number of families applying online has been steadily rising year on year and the online system is even more streamlined this year.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 8 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 9 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 10 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
“We also have call centre staff to help if there are any problems on (0845) 155 1019.”
Families will be able to appy online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline from September 1.