Secondary applications open tomorrow
Devon opens secondary school place applications online on September 1
APPLICATIONS open tomorrow (Thursday, September 1) for families across Devon to apply for a secondary school place for September 2012.
Parents of children starting in Year Six of primary school this month, have until October 31 to apply for a place for next year.
They are being invited to express up to three preferences of school.
This year 98 percent of parents were offered a place at one of their preferred schools with 94 per cent offered a place at their first preferred.
You may also want to watch:
In last year’s applications, more than 95 per cent of families applied online and received email notification of their offered school by 8.30am on March 1.
Devon County Council’s cabinet member for schools and learning, Christine Channon, said: “The number of families applying online has been steadily rising year on year and the online system is even more streamlined this year.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
“We also have call centre staff to help if there are any problems on (0845) 155 1019.”
Families will be able to appy online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline from September 1.