Sid Valley kids tackle mini Olympics
AROUND 170 children from a trio of Sid Valley schools enjoyed the chance to shine at their very own mini Olympics at Sidmouth College.
Youngsters from Sidmouth, Sidbury and Newton Poppleford primaries took part in 15 sporting activities.
The event was organised by 25 Year Nine sports leaders from the college.
Little ones ran, jumped and threw as part of the fun.
College sports co-ordinator, Ross Gillon, said he was hugely impressed with the young organisers and said: “They put in a huge amount of enthusiasm and energy and have hopefully inspired lots of little ones to achieve great things.”
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Evans, assistant headteacher at Sidmouth Primary School thanked Sidmouth College and its year nines for organising the event.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge