Sid Valley kids tackle mini Olympics
AROUND 170 children from a trio of Sid Valley schools enjoyed the chance to shine at their very own mini Olympics at Sidmouth College.
Youngsters from Sidmouth, Sidbury and Newton Poppleford primaries took part in 15 sporting activities.
The event was organised by 25 Year Nine sports leaders from the college.
Little ones ran, jumped and threw as part of the fun.
College sports co-ordinator, Ross Gillon, said he was hugely impressed with the young organisers and said: “They put in a huge amount of enthusiasm and energy and have hopefully inspired lots of little ones to achieve great things.”
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Evans, assistant headteacher at Sidmouth Primary School thanked Sidmouth College and its year nines for organising the event.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer