Sidbury hotelier becomes floristry judge
Chelsea show medallist selected for UK Floristry Judges Guild
FLORIST, tutor and hotelier, Sarah Hills-Ingyon, has become one of a select band of UK floristry judges.
Sarah, joint owner of Sid Valley Country Hotel, Sidbury, with husband Stephen, runs Sarah’s Designs floristry enterprise and finds time to tutor level five master diploma in Professional Floristry course at Bicton College.
A Chelsea Flower Show medal winner, Sarah has competed in high level floristry competitions for many years.
Now, after 18 months of training, she becomes a member of the national judging panel for UK Floristry Judges Guild, bringing the number up to 24.
The guild’s first judge’s training programme covered a range of lectures, practical assessments and shadow judging, culminating in practical, written and oral exams.
Sarah said: “After personally challenging myself throughout my floristry career as a competitor, it has been an honour to rise to the high standards that the Judges Guild set for this year’s trainee judges.
- 1 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 2 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 3 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 4 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 5 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
“Creating my Sarah’s Designs enterprise, along with a growing family and hotel business, has been exciting in itself; but returning to teaching two years ago at Bicton College, in order to direct the new level four and five qualifications, provided me with the incentive to apply to the Judges Guild for training.”
*For more information about part-time floristry courses at Bicton College visit www.bicton.ac.uk