Sidbury primary pupils in Ability Counts festival
Sporting chance for 60 youngsters at Honiton Community College
FOUR pupils from Sidmouth Primary have taken part in an Ability Counts Festival at Honiton Commnity College.
Sky, Owen, Courtney and Jake were among 60 youngsters from primary schools in East Devon, who spent over two hours trying seven different sports.
They enjoyed playing rackets sports, ball sports, aerobics, and learnt trampoline skills.
School sports coordinator at Honiton, R Gillon, said: “The festival was aimed at primary students in Years Three to Six who have missed sporting opportunities in their primary schools due to numeracy and literacy catch-up work and to give these students a chance to try some sports which would ignite their passion for sport.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was planned and run by the college’s Year 12 sports leaders, with support from Year 10 sports leaders.
Imogen Bosence (tag rugby), Tara Drew (trampolining), Sam Loader (dodgeball), Amy Keitch (aerobics), Ashleigh-Jade Logan (netball) and Brad Treloar (badminton) planned the event as part of their sports leaders level three qualification.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand