Sidmouth College and primary student unite for concert
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College music students had a change of tempo as they played conductor for East Devon primary school children last Tuesday.
The 40 pupils joined from Sidmouth, Sidbury and Cotmaton primaries for the first of two workshops, ahead of a special concert.
Mrs Philp-Parsons, the head of music at the high school, said: “I was really impressed with the level of ability and commitment displayed by all the young people who worked with us during the day.
“Playing with a large scale group such as an orchestra can be challenging for experienced musicians, but these musicians took it in their stride.
“The music students who conducted the sectional rehearsals all fed back that their students worked extremely hard and enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I am looking forward enormously to the concert.”
It will be held next Thursday (February 28) from 7pm in the Sidmouth College hall.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables