Sidmouth College and primary student unite for concert
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College music students had a change of tempo as they played conductor for East Devon primary school children last Tuesday.
The 40 pupils joined from Sidmouth, Sidbury and Cotmaton primaries for the first of two workshops, ahead of a special concert.
Mrs Philp-Parsons, the head of music at the high school, said: “I was really impressed with the level of ability and commitment displayed by all the young people who worked with us during the day.
“Playing with a large scale group such as an orchestra can be challenging for experienced musicians, but these musicians took it in their stride.
“The music students who conducted the sectional rehearsals all fed back that their students worked extremely hard and enjoyed themselves.
She added: “I am looking forward enormously to the concert.”
It will be held next Thursday (February 28) from 7pm in the Sidmouth College hall.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas