Sidmouth College and primary student unite for concert
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth College music students had a change of tempo as they played conductor for East Devon primary school children last Tuesday.
The 40 pupils joined from Sidmouth, Sidbury and Cotmaton primaries for the first of two workshops, ahead of a special concert.
Mrs Philp-Parsons, the head of music at the high school, said: “I was really impressed with the level of ability and commitment displayed by all the young people who worked with us during the day.
“Playing with a large scale group such as an orchestra can be challenging for experienced musicians, but these musicians took it in their stride.
“The music students who conducted the sectional rehearsals all fed back that their students worked extremely hard and enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I am looking forward enormously to the concert.”
It will be held next Thursday (February 28) from 7pm in the Sidmouth College hall.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League