Sidmouth College and the Herald join forces for 50th anniverary special edition
- Credit: Archant
See today’s (February 26) edition of the Sidmouth Herald
Students at Sidmouth College have turned reporters as part of the school’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
Young people aged between 12 and 17 have given up their own time to publish a special eight-page supplement - printed today (February 26) in the Sidmouth Herald.
The group of pupils in years eight to 12 decided which topics to cover and worked together to pen their own articles.
“They loved it,” said English teacher Ed Seaton-Burn, who has led the project.
You may also want to watch:
He added that much of the work was extra-curricular and that students spent many a lunch break tackling the work.
“They were great at giving up their own time,” said Mr Seaton-Burn.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed