Sidmouth College and the Herald join forces for 50th anniverary special edition
- Credit: Archant
See today’s (February 26) edition of the Sidmouth Herald
Students at Sidmouth College have turned reporters as part of the school’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
Young people aged between 12 and 17 have given up their own time to publish a special eight-page supplement - printed today (February 26) in the Sidmouth Herald.
The group of pupils in years eight to 12 decided which topics to cover and worked together to pen their own articles.
“They loved it,” said English teacher Ed Seaton-Burn, who has led the project.
You may also want to watch:
He added that much of the work was extra-curricular and that students spent many a lunch break tackling the work.
“They were great at giving up their own time,” said Mr Seaton-Burn.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth