Sidmouth College fundraising group in danger
- Credit: Archant
A group that plays a vital fundraising role at Sidmouth College is in danger of disbanding if another committee cannot be appointed.
Several long-standing members are stepping down, leaving the Sidmouth College Association (SCA) in need of new blood.
If no replacements are found, its hard-earned cash will have to be handed over to the business manager, and bosses say the move would be a ‘great loss’ for the school.
A spokesman said: “Secondary schools like ours rely on extra funds raised by parent-teacher associations to supplement our budget and give students the best possible learning experience.
“In short, the value of the SCA is unquestionable.
You may also want to watch:
“And being a member of the SCA will give you the opportunity to meet staff and other parents socially, discuss college policies and other matters of interest – and have fun.”
The parent-teacher collaboration has helped finance visiting speakers, sports facilities, science equipment and a digital SLR camera in the last year alone.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The SCA’s well-supported quiz and curry event raised £256 towards its funds – but bosses fear this could be one of its final events.
Its next meeting is at the school on June 11. A new committee needs to be found before the AGM in September.
To find out more, email Anne Bishop on email@example.com or call the school on 01395 514823.