Sidmouth College fundraising group in danger
- Credit: Archant
A group that plays a vital fundraising role at Sidmouth College is in danger of disbanding if another committee cannot be appointed.
Several long-standing members are stepping down, leaving the Sidmouth College Association (SCA) in need of new blood.
If no replacements are found, its hard-earned cash will have to be handed over to the business manager, and bosses say the move would be a ‘great loss’ for the school.
A spokesman said: “Secondary schools like ours rely on extra funds raised by parent-teacher associations to supplement our budget and give students the best possible learning experience.
“In short, the value of the SCA is unquestionable.
You may also want to watch:
“And being a member of the SCA will give you the opportunity to meet staff and other parents socially, discuss college policies and other matters of interest – and have fun.”
The parent-teacher collaboration has helped finance visiting speakers, sports facilities, science equipment and a digital SLR camera in the last year alone.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
The SCA’s well-supported quiz and curry event raised £256 towards its funds – but bosses fear this could be one of its final events.
Its next meeting is at the school on June 11. A new committee needs to be found before the AGM in September.
To find out more, email Anne Bishop on email@example.com or call the school on 01395 514823.