Sidmouth College in the mood for Olympic challenge
Sidmouth College students compete in Olympic 2010 PE Enterprise Day
A TEAM of Year Nine students from Sidmouth College will be entered into a national competition after taking part in the college’s first Olympic 2012 PE Enterprise Day.
Some 30 students worked in teams to bid to become a pre-games training camp under the Olympic ‘Get Set’ Network.
They gave up a Saturday to work all day to produce some superb work, creating a mood board, company name and logo and, during the afternoon chose a team to pitch their company ideas to.
PE teacher Ben Williams said: “Each company had unique ideas and put them across fantastically in their presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the three judges had difficulty in deciding a winner, but chose the Belfast team (pictured) of Kitty Harrison, Joe Griffiths, Will Price, George Barber, Will Sanders, Alicia Harrington and Katie Bower.
Mr Williams said: “The day was an amazing success and the pupils were a credit to themselves and the college.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan