Sidmouth College in the mood for Olympic challenge
Sidmouth College students compete in Olympic 2010 PE Enterprise Day
A TEAM of Year Nine students from Sidmouth College will be entered into a national competition after taking part in the college’s first Olympic 2012 PE Enterprise Day.
Some 30 students worked in teams to bid to become a pre-games training camp under the Olympic ‘Get Set’ Network.
They gave up a Saturday to work all day to produce some superb work, creating a mood board, company name and logo and, during the afternoon chose a team to pitch their company ideas to.
PE teacher Ben Williams said: “Each company had unique ideas and put them across fantastically in their presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the three judges had difficulty in deciding a winner, but chose the Belfast team (pictured) of Kitty Harrison, Joe Griffiths, Will Price, George Barber, Will Sanders, Alicia Harrington and Katie Bower.
Mr Williams said: “The day was an amazing success and the pupils were a credit to themselves and the college.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables