Sidmouth College in the mood for Olympic challenge
Sidmouth College students compete in Olympic 2010 PE Enterprise Day
A TEAM of Year Nine students from Sidmouth College will be entered into a national competition after taking part in the college’s first Olympic 2012 PE Enterprise Day.
Some 30 students worked in teams to bid to become a pre-games training camp under the Olympic ‘Get Set’ Network.
They gave up a Saturday to work all day to produce some superb work, creating a mood board, company name and logo and, during the afternoon chose a team to pitch their company ideas to.
PE teacher Ben Williams said: “Each company had unique ideas and put them across fantastically in their presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the three judges had difficulty in deciding a winner, but chose the Belfast team (pictured) of Kitty Harrison, Joe Griffiths, Will Price, George Barber, Will Sanders, Alicia Harrington and Katie Bower.
Mr Williams said: “The day was an amazing success and the pupils were a credit to themselves and the college.”
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman