Sidmouth College produces record GCSE results
Record GCSE results for third year running at Sidmouth College
FOR the third year running Sidmouth College has achieved record GCSE results and this year six students have achieved a stunning 70 A* and A grade results at GCSE level.
Twins Aimee and Tabitha Vaughan and Kelsey Fitzgerald are among the high fliers and got to college early to collect their results.
Flik Cooper from Peak Hill, Sidmouth, gained four A*, four As and a B but had already passed some exams last year, bringing her total to 14 GCSEs.
Girls were certainly heading the leader board at the college, but Ryan Cabot and Chris Aplin were among the six, Ryan with 11 and Chris with 10 high passes.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Jeremy Roberts said: “For a third year in a row, our students have achieved record results.
“This is a great achievement for the students and for the staff, who have worked so hard to reach this standard.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
This summer 65 percent of students gained five or more A* to C grades, including Maths and English. This is an increase on last year’s 62 percent.
More than three-quarters of students gained five or more GCSEs at A* to C and 98 percent achieved five or more passes.
Mr Roberts said: “I am very proud of the achievement of our students and particularly impressed that many of them collect results that reflect the huge efforts they have made over five years at the college.
“Many have exceeded their targets and can look forward to either further study in the sixth form or to employment and training with successful results behind them.”