Sidmouth College sixthformer off to USA
Leadership Academy place in Alabama for Sidmouth student Will
SIXTHFORMER Will Oswald will jet off to Alabama next month, after winning a place on the 2012 Honeywell Leadership Academy.
The Year 12 Sidmouth College student will attend the academy at the US Space and Rocket Centre in early March.
Sixty students from around the world will attend the week-long leadership development course.
They will be challenged to apply themselves as leaders, using real scenarios involving science, engineering, technology and maths.
You may also want to watch:
The programme aims to inspire students to become the scientific leaders of tomorrow.
Will, 16, from Beer, is studying biology, chemistry and maths in the sixth form and won his place on the course by demonstrating his record of academic excellence and community service through his involvement with the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 4 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 7 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit