Sidmouth College sixthformer off to USA
Leadership Academy place in Alabama for Sidmouth student Will
SIXTHFORMER Will Oswald will jet off to Alabama next month, after winning a place on the 2012 Honeywell Leadership Academy.
The Year 12 Sidmouth College student will attend the academy at the US Space and Rocket Centre in early March.
Sixty students from around the world will attend the week-long leadership development course.
They will be challenged to apply themselves as leaders, using real scenarios involving science, engineering, technology and maths.
You may also want to watch:
The programme aims to inspire students to become the scientific leaders of tomorrow.
Will, 16, from Beer, is studying biology, chemistry and maths in the sixth form and won his place on the course by demonstrating his record of academic excellence and community service through his involvement with the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police