Sidmouth College sixthformer off to USA
Leadership Academy place in Alabama for Sidmouth student Will
SIXTHFORMER Will Oswald will jet off to Alabama next month, after winning a place on the 2012 Honeywell Leadership Academy.
The Year 12 Sidmouth College student will attend the academy at the US Space and Rocket Centre in early March.
Sixty students from around the world will attend the week-long leadership development course.
They will be challenged to apply themselves as leaders, using real scenarios involving science, engineering, technology and maths.
You may also want to watch:
The programme aims to inspire students to become the scientific leaders of tomorrow.
Will, 16, from Beer, is studying biology, chemistry and maths in the sixth form and won his place on the course by demonstrating his record of academic excellence and community service through his involvement with the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank