Sidmouth College students celebrate A-level success
- Credit: Archant
Students took home Sidmouth College’s best ever A-level results today – and one is off to Cambridge.
Principal Kenny Duncan, who started at the school in September, said his first set were the best he could have hoped for.
More than 80 per cent of students received grades C or above, and 30 per cent of the youngsters managed scores from A* to B.
“You see them on paper, but it’s not until you see the look on the kids’ faces you realise just how well they have done,” said Kenny.
Head of sixth form Sue Hurley said the youngsters have ‘exceeded expectations’ to do ‘phenomenally well’.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a really nice bunch of kids – they’ll be missed,” she said.
See the full story and more photos in this week’s Herald
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth