Sidmouth College success in speaking contest
Year Nine Sidmouth students in Rotary Speaks district final
A TEAM of Year Nine students from Sidmouth College has won Devon Eastern Area Final of a public speaking contest.
Held at Exmouth Community College last month, Matthew Ogley, Safeen Kay and Lauren French, all aged 14, (pictured), will go through to the district final in Okehampton this month.
The objective of the Rotary Speaks competition is to give students experience of speaking on a public platform and encourage them to formulate ideas on specific topics.
Matthew spoke confidently about the impact of modern technology on our lives, having written the six-minute speech himself.
You may also want to watch:
Safeen the team’s chairman, gave a cheerful introduction, which set the mood for the rest of the performance, while Lauren proposed a vote of thanks.
Two Year Seven teams represented the school and gave a good performance.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!