Sidmouth College team shares Waitrose cash
Sidmouth Ten Tors team receives �280 through Waitrose’s community matters scheme
A CHEQUE for �280 was presented to Sidmouth College’s Ten Tors team on Tuesday at Waitrose, Sidmouth.
The team was Waitrose’s charity of the month in July under its Community Matters scheme, and shared �1,000 with two other charities.
A college spokeswoman said: “Thank you to everyone who donated their tokens to the cause as this money will be spent on updating the equipment that all of the pupils use on a regular basis.”
Training for the next Ten Tors challenge will get underway after Christmas with a long, hard walk from Lyme Regis to Sidmouth along the hilly coast path.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking forward to having an exciting lead up to the event and also for even more pupils to join in this year,” said the spokeswoman.
The college hopes to apply again for the Waitrose charity scheme.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future