Sidmouth course for budding authors
Hone up those writing skills at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
AUTHOR and journalist Maria McCarthy, will run two five-week courses on Writing Novels and Stories at Kennaway House, Sidmouth next month.
The evening course, from 7pm to 9pm, will start on Wednesday, November 2 and the morning one begins on Thursday, November 3 from 10am to 12pm.
Both courses are identical but held at different times to suit students’ schedules. The course, which costs �35, will cover creating characters, dialogue and plots. Students at all levels are welcome.
Maria, who also lectures at Bristol University and literature festivals, including Bath and Daphne du Maurier, said: “I really enjoy teaching and in my classes I use techniques to help students free up their imagination alongside ones to hone their writing skills, and hopefully have fun too.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Maria on 07799527974 or visit her website: www.mariamccarthy2.blogspot.com.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families