Sidmouth course for budding authors
Hone up those writing skills at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
AUTHOR and journalist Maria McCarthy, will run two five-week courses on Writing Novels and Stories at Kennaway House, Sidmouth next month.
The evening course, from 7pm to 9pm, will start on Wednesday, November 2 and the morning one begins on Thursday, November 3 from 10am to 12pm.
Both courses are identical but held at different times to suit students’ schedules. The course, which costs �35, will cover creating characters, dialogue and plots. Students at all levels are welcome.
Maria, who also lectures at Bristol University and literature festivals, including Bath and Daphne du Maurier, said: “I really enjoy teaching and in my classes I use techniques to help students free up their imagination alongside ones to hone their writing skills, and hopefully have fun too.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Maria on 07799527974 or visit her website: www.mariamccarthy2.blogspot.com.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop