Sidmouth hosts football roadshow
Exeter City FC brings soccer roadshow to Sidmouth to aid youngsters’ football skills
YOUNG footballers will be able to brush up their football skills in February, when Exeter City FC’s popular soccer roadshow returns to Sidmouth in half term.
On Monday and Tuesday, February 13/14, a team of Exeter City FC’s Football in the Community Trust coaches will be at Sidmouth FC, running a two-day course for five to 14-year-olds.
The course provides a safe, structured and fun environment for young players of all abilities, from complete beginners to budding pros, and takes place under the expert guidance of FA qualified coaches.
The roadshow runs from 10am to 3pm and costs �27 for both days.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Vittles, community trust manager for Exeter City’s Football in the Community Trust said: “Following a really successful Christmas tour, where more than 300 children took part in the roadshows, we’re really looking forward to putting them on again in the half term.
“As well as being the perfect place for young players to learn new skills, they are an excellent way to meet new people and make friends with other football fans.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
He said the roadshows were great fun and places needed to be booked soon.
The Trust will also run one and two-day roadshows in Exmouth, Feniton, Exeter, Okehampton, Barnstaple, Crediton, Tiverton and Taunton throughout half term week, as well as a one-off goalkeepers and strikers day at Middlemoor Police headquarters on Friday, February 17.
Places must be booked in advance, so log on to www.exetercityfitctrust.org.uk for the full list of dates and locations and to book.
Contact Scott Walker, (01392) 255611 or email email@example.com for more details.