Sidmouth Library holds Manga workshop in half-term
Family workshop for Sidmouth youngsters explains the art of Japanese cartoons
A WORKSHOP, on the Japanese cartoon art Manga, will be held at Sidmouth Library on Tuesday to encourage children and adults to work together.
The half-term event, for seven to 11-year-olds, will take place from 2pm to 4pm with a tutor from the Family Learning section of Devon Adult and Community Learning.
Youngsters must be accompanied by an adult, said Elisabeth Runnalls, senior library assistant at Sidmouth.
She added: “There is no charge, but we need to know how many are going, so please let us know here at the library if you want to come.”
Jinks Woodfield, a family learning co-ordinator with DACL, said the library would be running a competition for children to create a fantastic creature Manga style.
“They will learn the basics, characters and creatures and resources will be provided. No experience is necessary,” she said.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 8 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
- 9 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 10 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
“We hope it will encourage new people to come to the library.”
She said DACL had, for many years, enjoyed working alongside children in all types of schools workshops and had joined forces with Devon Library Services to run family-orientated workshops in libraries.
The library’s last event for youngsters was a craft afternoon with a circus theme, run by first assistant Meriel Santer, who is pictured with some of the children making clowns.