Sidmouth Library holds Manga workshop in half-term
Family workshop for Sidmouth youngsters explains the art of Japanese cartoons
A WORKSHOP, on the Japanese cartoon art Manga, will be held at Sidmouth Library on Tuesday to encourage children and adults to work together.
The half-term event, for seven to 11-year-olds, will take place from 2pm to 4pm with a tutor from the Family Learning section of Devon Adult and Community Learning.
Youngsters must be accompanied by an adult, said Elisabeth Runnalls, senior library assistant at Sidmouth.
She added: “There is no charge, but we need to know how many are going, so please let us know here at the library if you want to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Jinks Woodfield, a family learning co-ordinator with DACL, said the library would be running a competition for children to create a fantastic creature Manga style.
“They will learn the basics, characters and creatures and resources will be provided. No experience is necessary,” she said.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
“We hope it will encourage new people to come to the library.”
She said DACL had, for many years, enjoyed working alongside children in all types of schools workshops and had joined forces with Devon Library Services to run family-orientated workshops in libraries.
The library’s last event for youngsters was a craft afternoon with a circus theme, run by first assistant Meriel Santer, who is pictured with some of the children making clowns.