Sidmouth’s St John’s takes 50 new students
Three new staff for Sidmouth’s St John’s International School as student numbers increase
SIDMOUTH’S St John’s International School has had another huge intake of students to cement it’s position as one of the fastest growing schools in the country.
It is a remarkable change in fortunes for the school, since those dark days of five years ago, when it was on the brink of closure.
Deputy head, Mike Burgess, said: “It bears testimony to the perennial attraction of fusing traditional values with modern educational practice and attention to the needs of students as individuals.
“Integrating more than 50 new students, with ages ranging from five to 16, presents all manner of challenges for us but what a lovely challenge to have!
You may also want to watch:
“Suffice to say that staff and existing students are delighted to welcome the new intake, along with three new full-time teachers.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity