Sidmouth school kids get to grips with recycling
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN from Sidmouth Primary School experienced the sights, sounds and smells of waste and recycling on a field trip that was anything but rubbish.
Pupils visited Brunel Road Recycling Centre IN Newton Abbott and were told what happens to paper, glass, cans, plastic and other items when they are collected from people’s homes or brought into the site.
Youngsters saw lorries unload recycling into storage bays and were told where it goes and how it is made into new items.
After lunch, they were taken on a tour of the Heathfield Landfill Site near Kingsteignton.
Children were told that the facility would be full in five years’ time.
You may also want to watch:
Students decided they should ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ as much of their rubbish as they can and agreed to spread this message to other people.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites