Sidmouth school kids get to grips with recycling
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN from Sidmouth Primary School experienced the sights, sounds and smells of waste and recycling on a field trip that was anything but rubbish.
Pupils visited Brunel Road Recycling Centre IN Newton Abbott and were told what happens to paper, glass, cans, plastic and other items when they are collected from people’s homes or brought into the site.
Youngsters saw lorries unload recycling into storage bays and were told where it goes and how it is made into new items.
After lunch, they were taken on a tour of the Heathfield Landfill Site near Kingsteignton.
Children were told that the facility would be full in five years’ time.
You may also want to watch:
Students decided they should ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ as much of their rubbish as they can and agreed to spread this message to other people.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!