Sidmouth school kids get to grips with recycling
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN from Sidmouth Primary School experienced the sights, sounds and smells of waste and recycling on a field trip that was anything but rubbish.
Pupils visited Brunel Road Recycling Centre IN Newton Abbott and were told what happens to paper, glass, cans, plastic and other items when they are collected from people’s homes or brought into the site.
Youngsters saw lorries unload recycling into storage bays and were told where it goes and how it is made into new items.
After lunch, they were taken on a tour of the Heathfield Landfill Site near Kingsteignton.
Children were told that the facility would be full in five years’ time.
You may also want to watch:
Students decided they should ‘reduce, reuse and recycle’ as much of their rubbish as they can and agreed to spread this message to other people.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police