Sidmouth school offers free computer sessions
Community invited to Woolbrook school to use its computer suite facilities
FREE computer sessions for adults of all ages are being offered by St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook.
To encourage members of the public into the school, inclusion manager Ann Jones is organising the sessions in its computer suite on Friday afternoons from 3.45pm to 4.30pm.
If there is a good response to the proposal, she will start the free sessions in March.
Ann, who has worked at the school for 20 years; the last 10 in her current role, said: “This is a community initiative and the first time we have offered this to the whole community.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we run them depends on the response we get. We have a lovely computer suite with 30 computers and we wanted to see if there was any interest in the community.
“It would be quite nice to welcome in some of the older members of the community. A lot of people retire to Sidmouth and this is an opportunity to meet others and be involved in the school.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
Beginners are welcome to the sessions, which will be overseen by a high level teaching assistant and possibly older pupils.
The sessions will offer the chance to find out more about email, internet security, shopping online, internet banking, social networking and Skype.
Tea and coffee, provided by the PTA, will be available.
If you would like to join these computer sessions, please contact Ann Jones at St Nicks on (01395) 514146.