Sidmouth school’s Christmas card plea to businesses
IT may only be July, but pupils at Sidmouth’s St Nicholas Junior School want town businesses to support a fundraising Christmas card project and raise much-needed cash.
The Corporate Christmas Card, an initiative of the Art Projects for Schools (APFS), will give traders the chance to buy digitally printed cards supplied by children.
Each pack of cards sold will raise funds for St Nicholas School.
Headteacher Paul Walker said: “A massive 25per cent of the total Christmas card order value, placed by a business from designs produced by our children, will be paid into our school fundraising account.
“We hope that like us, local businesses will feel that the children’s designs bring a very personal touch to Christmas wishes.”
You may also want to watch:
Orders for cards must be placed by September 17.
The APFS provides fund raising art projects to schools throughout the year, while supporting creativity and art education.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
To support the school’s bid, visit corporate.apfs.org.uk and entering the school’s access code 17019.