Sidmouth school’s Christmas card plea to businesses
IT may only be July, but pupils at Sidmouth’s St Nicholas Junior School want town businesses to support a fundraising Christmas card project and raise much-needed cash.
The Corporate Christmas Card, an initiative of the Art Projects for Schools (APFS), will give traders the chance to buy digitally printed cards supplied by children.
Each pack of cards sold will raise funds for St Nicholas School.
Headteacher Paul Walker said: “A massive 25per cent of the total Christmas card order value, placed by a business from designs produced by our children, will be paid into our school fundraising account.
“We hope that like us, local businesses will feel that the children’s designs bring a very personal touch to Christmas wishes.”
Orders for cards must be placed by September 17.
The APFS provides fund raising art projects to schools throughout the year, while supporting creativity and art education.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 5 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 6 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 7 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 8 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 9 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 10 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
To support the school’s bid, visit corporate.apfs.org.uk and entering the school’s access code 17019.