Sidmouth school’s Christmas card plea to businesses
IT may only be July, but pupils at Sidmouth’s St Nicholas Junior School want town businesses to support a fundraising Christmas card project and raise much-needed cash.
The Corporate Christmas Card, an initiative of the Art Projects for Schools (APFS), will give traders the chance to buy digitally printed cards supplied by children.
Each pack of cards sold will raise funds for St Nicholas School.
Headteacher Paul Walker said: “A massive 25per cent of the total Christmas card order value, placed by a business from designs produced by our children, will be paid into our school fundraising account.
“We hope that like us, local businesses will feel that the children’s designs bring a very personal touch to Christmas wishes.”
You may also want to watch:
Orders for cards must be placed by September 17.
The APFS provides fund raising art projects to schools throughout the year, while supporting creativity and art education.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
To support the school’s bid, visit corporate.apfs.org.uk and entering the school’s access code 17019.