Sidmouth sixthformers visit Parliament
MP Hugo Swire in workshop at House of Commons with Sidmouth College sixthformers
SHORTLY after East Devon MP, Hugo Swire, visited students at Sidmouth College, a group of sixth formers met him at the Houses of Parliament during their annual history trip.
After being cleared by security, students first observed debates in the Houses of Lords and Commons and were excited to observe Lord Alan “You’re Fired” Sugar in action.
They then took part in an educational workshop, with the chance to grill Mr Swire.
The highlight of the day was a rare tour of Downing Street where students posed for a photograph at the famous black door of Number 10 and to make friends with PC Clark outside.
You may also want to watch:
History teacher, Miss M Hext, said: “After a quick shop at Covent Garden, we were back on the train to Devon.
“The students were fantastic ambassadors of the college and impressed everyone we met with their incisive and intelligent questioning.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live