Sidmouth sixthformers visit Parliament
MP Hugo Swire in workshop at House of Commons with Sidmouth College sixthformers
SHORTLY after East Devon MP, Hugo Swire, visited students at Sidmouth College, a group of sixth formers met him at the Houses of Parliament during their annual history trip.
After being cleared by security, students first observed debates in the Houses of Lords and Commons and were excited to observe Lord Alan “You’re Fired” Sugar in action.
They then took part in an educational workshop, with the chance to grill Mr Swire.
The highlight of the day was a rare tour of Downing Street where students posed for a photograph at the famous black door of Number 10 and to make friends with PC Clark outside.
You may also want to watch:
History teacher, Miss M Hext, said: “After a quick shop at Covent Garden, we were back on the train to Devon.
“The students were fantastic ambassadors of the college and impressed everyone we met with their incisive and intelligent questioning.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert