Sidmouth students focus on career choices
Careers Roundabout event aids Sidmouth College Year Nine students
IT’S not often students at Sidmouth College get the chance to reverse a tractor around a car park, handle a ferret or cook with a hotel chef.
These were just some of the activities on offer to Year Nine students at last week’s Careers Roundabout.
From agricultural management to the Army, a career in the Police, business management or floristry, someone was there to give students an insight into a diverse range of careers.
PC Gary Gates from Devon and Cornwall Police, is pictured with Chantelle Stone, Tracey Beer and Lucy Coles.
You may also want to watch:
Thanking representatives from local businesses and organisations who gave up their time for the event, vice principal, Julie Capewell, said: “The day was a huge success, with many Year Nine students now realising the breadth of interesting opportunities available to them if they focus and work hard.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution