Sidmouth students focus on career choices
Careers Roundabout event aids Sidmouth College Year Nine students
IT’S not often students at Sidmouth College get the chance to reverse a tractor around a car park, handle a ferret or cook with a hotel chef.
These were just some of the activities on offer to Year Nine students at last week’s Careers Roundabout.
From agricultural management to the Army, a career in the Police, business management or floristry, someone was there to give students an insight into a diverse range of careers.
PC Gary Gates from Devon and Cornwall Police, is pictured with Chantelle Stone, Tracey Beer and Lucy Coles.
You may also want to watch:
Thanking representatives from local businesses and organisations who gave up their time for the event, vice principal, Julie Capewell, said: “The day was a huge success, with many Year Nine students now realising the breadth of interesting opportunities available to them if they focus and work hard.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout