Sidmouth students focus on career choices
Careers Roundabout event aids Sidmouth College Year Nine students
IT’S not often students at Sidmouth College get the chance to reverse a tractor around a car park, handle a ferret or cook with a hotel chef.
These were just some of the activities on offer to Year Nine students at last week’s Careers Roundabout.
From agricultural management to the Army, a career in the Police, business management or floristry, someone was there to give students an insight into a diverse range of careers.
PC Gary Gates from Devon and Cornwall Police, is pictured with Chantelle Stone, Tracey Beer and Lucy Coles.
You may also want to watch:
Thanking representatives from local businesses and organisations who gave up their time for the event, vice principal, Julie Capewell, said: “The day was a huge success, with many Year Nine students now realising the breadth of interesting opportunities available to them if they focus and work hard.”
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding