Sidmouth students have London in their sights
Art and photography A level students take in London art galleries on trip from Sidmouth
SIXTH form photographers and fine artists who are studying for their ‘A’ levels at Sidmouth College, spent the day in London recently to take in the sights and enrich their art knowledge.
They spent the morning at the Tate Modern, viewing art and photography in its natural habitat, followed by a walk to Trafalgar Square to visit the London Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery.
“They gained a great insight into seeing some real and unusual art works and were able to bring away some exciting ideas for their further studies,” said vice principal Julie Capewell.
After watching a little street dancing and witnessing a protest in Trafalgar Square,
You may also want to watch:
they headed back over the Thames.
The light was dimming just at the right time, giving the photographers an opportunity to practice techniques in producing some great night time shots, such as this one of the London Eye.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary