Sidmouth students have London in their sights
Art and photography A level students take in London art galleries on trip from Sidmouth
SIXTH form photographers and fine artists who are studying for their ‘A’ levels at Sidmouth College, spent the day in London recently to take in the sights and enrich their art knowledge.
They spent the morning at the Tate Modern, viewing art and photography in its natural habitat, followed by a walk to Trafalgar Square to visit the London Portrait Gallery and the National Gallery.
“They gained a great insight into seeing some real and unusual art works and were able to bring away some exciting ideas for their further studies,” said vice principal Julie Capewell.
After watching a little street dancing and witnessing a protest in Trafalgar Square,
You may also want to watch:
they headed back over the Thames.
The light was dimming just at the right time, giving the photographers an opportunity to practice techniques in producing some great night time shots, such as this one of the London Eye.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future