Sidmouth students in volcano challenge
Volcano homework erupts into model challenge for Sidmouth College students
WHEN Geography teacher Julie Gill set her Year Eight group an optional homework project she was in for a treat.
The class were detailed to make volcanoes during their half term holiday.
Now the products of their imagination and skill have been judged and Ed Hills-Ingyon and Tristan Smith, pictured, came top with their superb model that had the ability to erupt.
“I hope they don’t practice in the kitchen at home,” said acting head Julie Capewell.
Second prize winners were Isaac Brown, Josh Hopkinson, Phoebe Cole, Jerome Blackburn and Billy Collin, while third in the volcano challenge were Kath Morton and Harvey Langley.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty