Sidmouth students in volcano challenge
Volcano homework erupts into model challenge for Sidmouth College students
WHEN Geography teacher Julie Gill set her Year Eight group an optional homework project she was in for a treat.
The class were detailed to make volcanoes during their half term holiday.
Now the products of their imagination and skill have been judged and Ed Hills-Ingyon and Tristan Smith, pictured, came top with their superb model that had the ability to erupt.
“I hope they don’t practice in the kitchen at home,” said acting head Julie Capewell.
You may also want to watch:
Second prize winners were Isaac Brown, Josh Hopkinson, Phoebe Cole, Jerome Blackburn and Billy Collin, while third in the volcano challenge were Kath Morton and Harvey Langley.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open