Sidmouth students undergo mock interviews
Interview sessions help Year 11 Sidmouth students prepare for work market
PEOPLE from the world of business took part in mock interviews for Year 11 students at Sidmouth College last week.
It is a busy time for the year group, who are revising for important GCSE exams.
While many will stay on into the college’s sixth form to complete AS and A level exams, others are considering different career opportunities.
As part of its help to prepare students for work, mock interviews and constructive feedback from local employers was held, with students expected to prepare and dress for these interviews as if it was the real thing.
You may also want to watch:
Those doing the interviewing were Jo Seward and Anna Kingscott (Sidmouth Hotels), Sergeant Shaun Hoslam (Army Careers advisor, pictured with student Sam Gosling), Di Bowerman (Sidmouth Herald), Kirsty Wackley (Donkey Sanctuary), Anne Marie and David Oxley (Brend Hotels), Fran Drayton (Children’s Centre), Jeanette Lynch (careers co-ordinator, The King’s School) and Ian Shelley, a Sidmouth College governor.
“It has been an enormously beneficial exercise from which the students have learned a great deal about interview preparation and technique,” said vice principal Julie Capewell.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling