Sidmouth students undergo mock interviews
Interview sessions help Year 11 Sidmouth students prepare for work market
PEOPLE from the world of business took part in mock interviews for Year 11 students at Sidmouth College last week.
It is a busy time for the year group, who are revising for important GCSE exams.
While many will stay on into the college’s sixth form to complete AS and A level exams, others are considering different career opportunities.
As part of its help to prepare students for work, mock interviews and constructive feedback from local employers was held, with students expected to prepare and dress for these interviews as if it was the real thing.
You may also want to watch:
Those doing the interviewing were Jo Seward and Anna Kingscott (Sidmouth Hotels), Sergeant Shaun Hoslam (Army Careers advisor, pictured with student Sam Gosling), Di Bowerman (Sidmouth Herald), Kirsty Wackley (Donkey Sanctuary), Anne Marie and David Oxley (Brend Hotels), Fran Drayton (Children’s Centre), Jeanette Lynch (careers co-ordinator, The King’s School) and Ian Shelley, a Sidmouth College governor.
“It has been an enormously beneficial exercise from which the students have learned a great deal about interview preparation and technique,” said vice principal Julie Capewell.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth