Sidmouth students visit Fast Show star
- Credit: Archant
Readers from Sidmouth College hot-footed down the coast to see Fast Show star Charlie Higson.
Head librarian and avid fan Louise Harrison heard the actor and author was visiting Exmouth College, and managed to take some of her students along.
Charlie is best known among teenagers for his Young James Bond series and his zombie adventure books.
He said: “Girls and boys like horror!
“If I could terrify a kid and make it a book that is memorable, then I have done my job as writer.”
You may also want to watch:
Charlie has been writing since the age of 10 and he uses his son of the same age as a critic to tell how scary they are.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again