Sidmouth training exciting opportunity for artists
EDDC’s arts development officer offers course to work on public art commissions
ARTISTS from East Devon are being invited to meet in Sidmouth to get involved in an exciting training opportunity.
East Devon District Council’s Arts Development Officer, Ishbel Ramsay, plans to meet artists interested in working on public art commissions at the council offices at Knowle from 9.30am to 5.15pm on Thursday, February 17.
Artists will be helped to identify, apply for and carry out work in the region.
The training is being provided by Maggie Bolt Associates, which has been appointed by Dorset County Council Jurassic Coast Team, to work on key projects linked to the Jurassic Coast Arts Strategy.
You may also want to watch:
One of these is building up capacity among East Devon artists wishing to undertake commissions.
Maggie Bolt said there would be a site visit to a public art commission and the day was aimed at helping artists understand the process of being selected for public commissions, to have the confidence to go for them when the opportunity arose and to develop their skills in public art commissions.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
The training costs �15, to include lunch and refreshments. Artists should contact EDDC as soon as possible if interested or Ishbel, on (01404) 45006 or by emailed email@example.com for more information.