Something fishy going on in Sidmouth
THERE’S something fishy going on at Bendarroch School near Sidmouth.
Last week pupils found out all they could about fish from a fish specialist at Waitrose, Sidmouth.
Shown around by Margaret Edwards-Hughes, who runs the store’s Community Matters scheme, they looked at different types of fresh and filleted fish, ways of preserving them and tasted smoked mackerel.
They also found out how many foods, including baby food and cat food, contained fish.
You may also want to watch:
Previously the Class Two children visited Bagwell’s Fish shop in Sidmouth, where Mary Bagwell, pictured, demonstrated to children how all the different types of fish were filleted and prepared.
“She gave a fantastic display on how to prepare a grab where the children were allowed to taste and smell,” said a school spokeswoman.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The reason for all this fishy fact-finding was for a fish project they are undertaking, which centres on various aspects of fish, sources for fish, display and types of fish.