St John’s School nets meaty food bank donation
- Credit: Archant
The St John’s School secretary signed for an unusual parcel on Monday after the headmaster made a meaty move for food bank donations.
Senior students had organised a successful weekly appeal, but Simon Larter had an idea of how to take it one step further and contacted pie maker Baxter’s Foods.
The company was surprised but obliged and delivered three boxes of Fray Bentos corned beef, meat balls and the tinned meat pies.
Mr Larter said: “It seemed like the most obvious thing to do.
“The lady in the marketing department seemed a little surprised initially, but when I explained what a great cause it was, she said she would see what they could do.
You may also want to watch:
“She even took it in her stride when I suggested that it would be fantastic if they could donate the products.”
Year 11 student Helena Varley, who has been driving the school’s collection, said: “We simply could not believe it. On behalf of the fine people at Baxter’s Foods, we salute you.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching