St John’s School nets meaty food bank donation
- Credit: Archant
The St John’s School secretary signed for an unusual parcel on Monday after the headmaster made a meaty move for food bank donations.
Senior students had organised a successful weekly appeal, but Simon Larter had an idea of how to take it one step further and contacted pie maker Baxter’s Foods.
The company was surprised but obliged and delivered three boxes of Fray Bentos corned beef, meat balls and the tinned meat pies.
Mr Larter said: “It seemed like the most obvious thing to do.
“The lady in the marketing department seemed a little surprised initially, but when I explained what a great cause it was, she said she would see what they could do.
You may also want to watch:
“She even took it in her stride when I suggested that it would be fantastic if they could donate the products.”
Year 11 student Helena Varley, who has been driving the school’s collection, said: “We simply could not believe it. On behalf of the fine people at Baxter’s Foods, we salute you.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home