St John’s students stage Comedy of Errors in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at St John’s School marked a delightful end to an exciting and packed term by staging William Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors.
Pupils from years five and six dressed up for a play full of slapstick, puns and wordplay.
Years seven and eight joined friends and parents to watch the show.
One of the bard’s shortest, it tells the tale of two sets of identical twins separated at birth who come together for a series of mishaps based on mistaken identities.
Headmaster Mike Burgess said: “This was a really ambitious project undertaken by Miss Underwood and her enthusiastic cast and one which will live long in the memory.
“Secretly, I think it was a crafty move on Miss Underwood’s part to inculcate a love of Shakespeare through the medium of allowing juniors to say words they would otherwise not be permitted to use in and around school!”
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth