Students model with jockeys at racecourse fashion show
Bicton’s equine students took to the catwalk with an ex-England footballer and some of the UK’s top jump jockeys in a special fashion show.
The event at Exeter Racecourse was part of the Ladies Night celebrations for the end of season meeting.
David James, the former international goalkeeper, and National Hunt jockeys Daryl Jacob, Robert Thornton and Tom Scudamore, strutted their stuff on the catwalk alongside Bicton College students modelling clothing sponsored by country and outdoor clothing businesses.
The group of second year Extended Diploma in Horse Management students were invited to organise the fashion show by the Exeter Racecourse team.
Equine tutor Danielle Jones said: “This fits perfectly with their course module and makes it much more real life and meaningful, with all the pressures involved in event organisation.”
You may also want to watch:
The group were responsible for organising ten models from agriculture, engineering and equine courses, with ladies and gents clothing,
Georgia Cart, one of the student organisers, said: “We are really proud to have shown ourselves capable of organising an event on a large public scale, and to prove that Bicton College students are completely versatile.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables