‘There’s No Place Like Home’ for Sidmouth kids
St Nicholas Junior School production delight
ADAPTED from the classic Wizard of Oz story, pupils of St Nicholas Junior School performed an exciting, new production There’s No Place Like Home.
Several Year Six teachers organised the unique production, which contained a wide range of entertainment, including singing, dancing, drumming and even football, writes Rufus Baker-Morris.
Skilful pupils attended after-school rehearsals for the colourful play for two months- and our photos show their work for the hour-long musical paid off.
The story was based on the end of The Wizard of Oz tale, where Dorothy tries to get home from her adventure.
You may also want to watch:
The school changed the storyline to fit with their all singing, all dancing spectacular.
Free performances of the production were held on Wednesday, July 13, and Thursday, July 14, for parents of the talented pupils.
- 1 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 4 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 5 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award