‘There’s No Place Like Home’ for Sidmouth kids
St Nicholas Junior School production delight
ADAPTED from the classic Wizard of Oz story, pupils of St Nicholas Junior School performed an exciting, new production There’s No Place Like Home.
Several Year Six teachers organised the unique production, which contained a wide range of entertainment, including singing, dancing, drumming and even football, writes Rufus Baker-Morris.
Skilful pupils attended after-school rehearsals for the colourful play for two months- and our photos show their work for the hour-long musical paid off.
The story was based on the end of The Wizard of Oz tale, where Dorothy tries to get home from her adventure.
You may also want to watch:
The school changed the storyline to fit with their all singing, all dancing spectacular.
Free performances of the production were held on Wednesday, July 13, and Thursday, July 14, for parents of the talented pupils.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future