‘There’s No Place Like Home’ for Sidmouth kids
St Nicholas Junior School production delight
ADAPTED from the classic Wizard of Oz story, pupils of St Nicholas Junior School performed an exciting, new production There’s No Place Like Home.
Several Year Six teachers organised the unique production, which contained a wide range of entertainment, including singing, dancing, drumming and even football, writes Rufus Baker-Morris.
Skilful pupils attended after-school rehearsals for the colourful play for two months- and our photos show their work for the hour-long musical paid off.
The story was based on the end of The Wizard of Oz tale, where Dorothy tries to get home from her adventure.
You may also want to watch:
The school changed the storyline to fit with their all singing, all dancing spectacular.
Free performances of the production were held on Wednesday, July 13, and Thursday, July 14, for parents of the talented pupils.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'