Tipton school rated ‘outstanding’ by church inspector
- Credit: Archant
The Archdeacon of Exeter came to Tipton this week to present pupils with an outstanding Church School Inspection certificate.
The school was rated as ‘outstanding’ by the National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools in all the categories it was judged on.
The Venerable Christopher Futcher was on hand to hand over a certificate to the school to celebrate the achievement.
A report from the inspector praised the creation of its new logo this past year by pupils, adding: “As a consequence, the whole school community have developed a shared understanding of the Christian character.”
It also said effectiveness of the religious education is ‘consistently outstanding’, and praised the effectiveness of the leadership and management of the school as a church school.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Michael Tuckett said the school was very pleased with the rating.
He said: “We recognise that it has taken the combined efforts of the church, governors, children, parents and staff over a number of years to create a school that is a place where all are welcome and valued.”
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit