Tipton school rated ‘outstanding’ by church inspector
- Credit: Archant
The Archdeacon of Exeter came to Tipton this week to present pupils with an outstanding Church School Inspection certificate.
The school was rated as ‘outstanding’ by the National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools in all the categories it was judged on.
The Venerable Christopher Futcher was on hand to hand over a certificate to the school to celebrate the achievement.
A report from the inspector praised the creation of its new logo this past year by pupils, adding: “As a consequence, the whole school community have developed a shared understanding of the Christian character.”
It also said effectiveness of the religious education is ‘consistently outstanding’, and praised the effectiveness of the leadership and management of the school as a church school.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Michael Tuckett said the school was very pleased with the rating.
He said: “We recognise that it has taken the combined efforts of the church, governors, children, parents and staff over a number of years to create a school that is a place where all are welcome and valued.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon