Tipton thrilled with ‘outstanding’ report
Pupils at Tipton Primary were celebrating after the school was named as ‘outstanding’ by Church of England inspectors.
After a visit in July as part of the Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools, a report highlighted four key areas where the school stood out.
Inspectors said Tipton Primary meets the needs of all its learners, collective worship has a positive effect on the school community, it has outstanding religious education, and very effective leadership and management.
The statement concluded: “Tipton St John is an outstanding church school because a clearly visible Christian identity is recognised by all its community.
“Excellent relationships contribute to creating a united school community in which all can thrive both academically, personally and spiritually.”
You may also want to watch:
Acting headteacher Michael Tuckett said the school was thrilled with the outcome.
“We are tremendously pleased, I think when you can get the spiritual bit of school right then standards are always likely to follow, and the school is doing very well on that front too”, he said.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon