Top marks for pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Sid Valley infants school are celebrating after receiving a glowing report from the education watchdog.
Apple Tree Pre-school was deemed to be ‘good’ in each of the four areas assessed by Ofsted.
Inspector Petra Morgan highlighted the ‘range of interesting and stimulating activities’ on offer, the quality of the teaching and the children’s good behaviour.
Her report also praised the Manstone Avenue facility for allowing children to choose their own play activities and encouraging youngsters to prepare their own snacks and drinks.
Mrs Morgan concludes by saying that, if the school increased opportunities for children to explore and use technology equipment, it would be well on its way to achieving an ‘outstanding’ rating.
You may also want to watch:
Kerin Hamill, who was manager at the time of the inspection in September, said: “Happiness is of paramount importance here for each child and when a child feels comfortable with their surroundings they can learn so much.”
Parents interested in sending their children to Apple Tree can contact the new manager, Cara Shepherd, on 01395 577233.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching