Top marks for pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Sid Valley infants school are celebrating after receiving a glowing report from the education watchdog.
Apple Tree Pre-school was deemed to be ‘good’ in each of the four areas assessed by Ofsted.
Inspector Petra Morgan highlighted the ‘range of interesting and stimulating activities’ on offer, the quality of the teaching and the children’s good behaviour.
Her report also praised the Manstone Avenue facility for allowing children to choose their own play activities and encouraging youngsters to prepare their own snacks and drinks.
Mrs Morgan concludes by saying that, if the school increased opportunities for children to explore and use technology equipment, it would be well on its way to achieving an ‘outstanding’ rating.
You may also want to watch:
Kerin Hamill, who was manager at the time of the inspection in September, said: “Happiness is of paramount importance here for each child and when a child feels comfortable with their surroundings they can learn so much.”
Parents interested in sending their children to Apple Tree can contact the new manager, Cara Shepherd, on 01395 577233.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary