Top marks for pre-school
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Sid Valley infants school are celebrating after receiving a glowing report from the education watchdog.
Apple Tree Pre-school was deemed to be ‘good’ in each of the four areas assessed by Ofsted.
Inspector Petra Morgan highlighted the ‘range of interesting and stimulating activities’ on offer, the quality of the teaching and the children’s good behaviour.
Her report also praised the Manstone Avenue facility for allowing children to choose their own play activities and encouraging youngsters to prepare their own snacks and drinks.
Mrs Morgan concludes by saying that, if the school increased opportunities for children to explore and use technology equipment, it would be well on its way to achieving an ‘outstanding’ rating.
You may also want to watch:
Kerin Hamill, who was manager at the time of the inspection in September, said: “Happiness is of paramount importance here for each child and when a child feels comfortable with their surroundings they can learn so much.”
Parents interested in sending their children to Apple Tree can contact the new manager, Cara Shepherd, on 01395 577233.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand