UPDATE: King’s school ‘gas leak’ false alarm
The King’s has sought to reassure parents yesterday’s ‘gas leak’ was a false alarm and the school is open as normal.
Headteacher Faith Jarrett said it was the smell from the newly-constructed temporary classroom which caused a builder to contact the fire service, but the gas board later confirmed there was no gas involved.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue sent two appliances around 4pm yesterday afternoon to the Ottery academy following reports of a gas leak, and began ventilating a classroom.
But the firemen were stood down once it was apparent the smell was not gas.
See Friday’s Ottery Herald for the full story.